- Set up with a hoop for each team and a ball in the hoop
- The hoops can be placed in the corners of the room - You want to have no more than 5 per team, less is better.
- Each team should also have a bib to use as a relay baton - it helps you and them determine who's turn it is.
- When the game starts - by coaches whistle - the first player in each team - holding the bib - can run and retrieve a ball from any of the other teams. The method of how they bring the ball back and the type of ball you use will be determined by the sport you are warming up for - Football: use footballs and dribble back with feet, Basketball: bounce a basketball back, Tennis: you could use a racket to balance a tennis ball back etc
- When the player gets back to their teams hoop, place the ball in and then hand the bib to the next player who does the same.
- If the game is going on for a long time, you can add in extra balls to try and speed the game up, just pop them down in the middle of the area when you like
- When a team has 3 balls in their hoop, they should all shout 'FULL HOUSE'.
- Awareness: look for which teams have 2 balls in their hoops and steal from them!
- Use the relevant skill from the sport you are working on to get the ball from A to B under control!
Mark out a circle in the middle of the area approximately 6 metres diameter
Choose 1 player to start in the middle of the circle
Everyone else is outside of the circle
Give out dodgeballs (optional how many) to the players outside the circle
Players on the outside have to throw the ball (from outside the circle) at the player in the middle and try to hit them.
If you are the first player to hit the player in the middle, you swap with them.
The new player in the middle has 3 seconds to get ready and then go again.
The player in the middle will change very frequently and you have to keep a close eye on who has hit them to get the correct person in the middle
This is a great game to play with a new group to help you learn names!
this game can transfer well to other sports such as cricket and football. you could make the middle circle a bit bigger and give the player in the middle a Cricket bat to protect themselves. Or the player in the middle could have a football and the players on the outside are trying to hit the ball instead of the person...
Markers / Spots / Cones to mark out circle