Christmas Little ballers
Rock, Paper, Scissors - winners & losers
Swat the Wasp
Mark out a long rectangle with a norrow end zone at each end, and enough space behind the sidelines for canonball throwers to throw from
All players are to line up on one of the end zones
Choose one player to be the canonballer. Their job is to throw the dodgeballs at the players when they run across the area. They must throw the balls from outside the sidelines!
At the start of the game, the coach is to call out different instructions for the players to cross, such as 'anyone wearing a red t-shirt' or 'anyone whose birthday is in January, February or March' etc.
Anyone that is called out in those instructions has to try and cross to the other side. If they get there, they have to stay there until all players have had the chance to cross.
If a player is hit by a dodgeball, they join the canonballer and get themselves a dodgeball.
When everyone has had the chance to cross, repeat the process back to the other side.
The game continues until everyone has been eliminated. The final player to be eliminated is the winner.
- Mark out a football pitch (or pitches) with a relevant size for the number of players per team
- Pick your teams
- Give teams bibs or a kit etc
- Explain the basic rules that they will need to follow
- Complete a set of round robin fixtures or similar
- Aim of the game is to work together to get the ball into the opponents goal while keeping it away from your own.
- Teach children how to restart the game when the ball goes out of play (goal kicks, throw ins, corners etc)